Throughout the competition year, wherever and whenever you compete you are compiling points which go towards the end of year trophies. At each event, be it for Dressage, Hacking, Showjumping & Equitation, Combined Training, Hunter Trials, anything that is a PCAQ event make a note of your results.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT "OPEN DAYS" OF ANY KIND HOSTED BY PONY CLUBS OR OTHER EQUESTRIAN CLUB DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS POINTS, FOR EXAMPLE SPORTS DAYS, OLDIES DAY, T-SHIRT HACK DAYS, DRESSAGE & JUMPING DAYS AND HUNTER TRIALS.
You can enter your results directly on this website and fill in the details that are required for that event.
* Points are worked out on a sliding scale. 1st is 10 points down to 10th being 1 point.
* Points are DOUBLED at ZONE EVENTS (eg. Zone Dressage 1st place 20 ponts)
* Points are TRIPPLED at STATE EVENTS (eg. State Jumping 1st palce 30 points)
* Points are allocated to each round only (e.g each dressage test and each jumping round) not the overall but we would like to note your overall position for further acknowledgement.
* Please note that points are allocated to 10th place where applicable (e.g. Dressage, Showjumping etc and also Zone and State Gymkhanas).
* Points are allocated at Club Gymkhanas to 5th place.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AN AWARD, YOU MUST ATTEND AT LEAST 2 MUSTERS DURING THE YEAR
* POINTS MUST BE ENTERED WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF THE EVENT TO CLAIM POINTS
MAJOR AWARDS AND CRITERIA
"CLUB AMBASSADOR" This award is the most prestigious accolade awarded by our club. The recipient of this award is selected based on an attitude they have displayed during the year which lead the Executive Committee to believe that they are an outstanding ambassador for the values of Mooloolah Pony Club. The Ambassadors Award is not related in any way to competition results achieved, but rather is based on upholding the values of the Club such as:
* Excellent sportmanship - displaying a graceful and humble attitude both in victory and defeat
* Displaying a kind and responsible attitude towards both humans and horses
* Always presenting themselves in a neat and tidy fashion and in full uniform when required
* Displaying a willingness to volunteer for jobs
* Always adhering to the rules and regulations on Mooloolah Pony Club and PCAQ
* Encouraging and supporting others, sharing knowledge and experience where possible."
BASED ON THE ABOVE CRITERIA, PLEASE CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK TO MAKE YOUR NOMINATON FOR CLUB AMBASSADOR
"HORSEMANSHIP AWARD " This award is decided by the Executive Committee. The recipient of this award is selected by the way they are with their horse, the way they treat their horse and being at one with their horse and the time and education put into their horse. This person puts their horse's welfare first before winning a ribbon or a trophy.
"SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR" This award is decided by the Executive Committee. The recipient of this award is chosen by their sportsmanship manner that they have not only shown at Club level but while also out competing. Whether they win or don't place the attitude that is shown towards their fellow competitors and also towards the judges and other officials.
"OVERALL CONSISTENT EFFORT" This award is again decided by the Executive Committee. The recipient of this award is chosen by the all-around performance and effort that they have put in throughout the year. This is not only at competitions but also at musters. They may not be winning, but they are giving it their best whenever and wherever they are with their horse.
* Highest Points - Club Champion
* Showjumping & Equitation (Official & Unofficial)
* Dressage (Official & Unofficial)
* Gymkhana - Junior 11 & U, Junior 13 yrs and under and Senior 14 yrs and over.
* Combined Training
MISCELLANEOUS AWARDSThere are also Encouragement Awards and Instructors Awards presented based on overall effort throughout the year and these are awarded at the Committee's and Instructor's discretion.